Walk in Love
Check out these helpful resources
Walk in Love
By Lois Parker Edstrom
Do you like to take walks? I do. There are always interesting things to see along the way and it feels good to be outside. Sunshine is especially nice, but it’s fun to walk, even if it’s raining.
Doctors tell us that walking is good for our health. It makes us strong and lifts our spirits if we feel discouraged.
Where do you like to walk? I often walk along the shore, but I also like to walk in the forests and along the streets of my town.
Have you ever walked in autumn leaves? They make a lovely crunchy sound. I love their colors and they smell so fragrant.
How about walking barefooted in fresh green grass or in wet sand at the beach?
The Bible teaches us to “walk in love” (3:14). What do you think that means? Let’s make a list.
• Yes, it means being kind to one another.
• It means helping each other.
• It means forgiving one another.
• It means being thankful for all God has given us.
• It means studying and praying and singing as a way to honor God.
• It means letting “the peace of God rule in your hearts…” (3:15).
Wherever we go we can walk in God’s love.
Scripture quotations from the World English Bible
Copyright 2012, Richard Niell Donovan